Editorials and other writings
- Center for Public Education’s Report: “Understanding the Common Core Standards: What they are–What they are not.” (PDF, October 2013)
- Montana Teachers of the Year for the Common Core (PDF, 4 October 2013)
- North Dakota Teachers of the Year Support the Common Core (PDF, 13 September 2013)
- Dennis Van Rokel, President of the National Education Association – describes the concerns that NEA members have about this transition, and urges people knowledgeable about the standards to speak up about misconceptions.
- Cheryl Oldham, Vice President for Education and Workforce at the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation – counters several CCSS myths.
- Letter to the Georgia state school board by Sybilla Beckman, the Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor of Mathematics at the University of Georgia.
- The Common Core and the Common Good, by Charles Blow, New York Times (21 August 2013).
- War on the Core, by Bill Keller, New York Times (18 August 2013).
- “What I Learned About the Opposition to the Common Core State Standards When I Testified in Indiana.” By Jason Zimba – available in PDF format and on Fordham Institute’s Common Core Watch blog.
- Testimony (PDF) given by Jason Zimba in the Indiana Senate (5 August 2013).
- Critics’ math doesn’t add up, editorial by Jason Zimba at Education Gadfly responding to Fox News misrepresentation of the standards by Milgram and McGroarty (2 August 2013).
- Republicans Should Love ‘Common Core,’ editorial by Wu and Frenkel in the Wall Street Journal (6 May 2013).
- “The Mathematics Standards: How they were Developed and Who Was Involved,” video by the Hunt Institute.
- “The English Language Arts Standards: Key Changes and Their Evidence,” video by the Hunt Institute.
- Statement of support from presidents of 16 member mathematical societies of the Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences.
- Statement of support from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.